The tech transfer office plays an integral role for both universities and the world of commercialization. That’s why we at BCC are always keeping an eye peeled for resources that can help you not only stay on top of the current happenings in the tech transfer world but also thrive at your job.
To best help you, we’ve come back with another resource roundup—a compilation of articles, social media accounts and more, designed with you in mind.
From marketing your tech transfer office to better helping your inventors find the market data they need, we’ve got you covered.
Marketing Your Tech Transfer Office
Marketing is an essential part of any department and project, though it can be a bit confusing to know the best strategies to follow. Below are some articles to best help reach your target audience, as well as sources to help your inventors market themselves.
- Here are five tips for cultivating tech transfer marketing leads. (Fuentek)
- These four ways to market your TTO or Commercialization office are great for giving you some ideas. (BCC Research)
- This article walks inventors through the reasons why they also need to wear a marketer’s hat. (Forbes)
Helping Your Inventors Out:
The actual creation of an invention is a major milestone, but things don’t stop there. Once the concept or technology is created, the next step is solidifying the funds needed to see the project come to life. Student and faculty groups will turn to you for aid and resources to help them accomplish this step. We’ve got you covered with articles that provide deep-dives into the pitching process and so much more.
- This article gives inventors seven tips to best prepare to deliver a pitch. (BCC Research)
- If you’re involved in the AgTech space, it’s key to know what investors are looking for when preparing a pitch. This guide will help your inventors have a solid understanding of the industry they are navigating. (BCC Research)
- Understanding market data research and how it pertains to their work is essential for any inventor. Share this guide with them to help them grasp the topic. (Entrepreneur)
- Market research tip directed to inventors, like this one here, is always helpful. (Inventors Digest)
What’s Happening Globally:
Tech transfer plays an important role all over the world. Because you help share discoveries between public institutions and the commercial world, innovations are expedited.
As much as your job requires you to have a pulse on the happenings in your area, it’s always good to know what is impacting your industry around the globe.
- This article will give you a rundown of the opportunities that are growing globally within the industry. (CAS)
- This website will provide you with a variety of resources that will help you stay up-to-date on all the new developments in the tech transfer world. (Tech Transfer Central)
- The face of tech transfer has changed over the years. Learn not just how far it’s evolved, but where it plans on going.
- This article will help you stay up-to-date on the cutting edge advances within your industry. (AUTM Foundation)
Key Insights from AUTM’s 2019 Eastern Region Meeting
If you follow us on Twitter, you know we attended the #AUTM2019Eastern conference, and we loved it! Below are a couple of the key takeaways that we shared on our social media.
The 2019 #InformationTechnology market. Here are the major trends you need to know. #marketresearch #IT #blog
“Good indicators of success are flexibility and good communication. Both are essential when working together to find solutions.” Fantastic #techtransfer interview from @AUTM with @AtomwiseInc.
Would you like more information like this? Follow us on Twitter!
How else can we help you and your tech transfer office thrive? Schedule a free trial of our library of market research!