BCC is proud to call many amazing academic institutions and corporate organizations around the world our members. Our members are at the forefront of their industries—manufacturing, chemicals, plastics, IT, venture capital, higher ed and many more—and do amazing work in the world.
We’re starting this blog series—What Our Members Are Up To—simply to brag about our members’ recent accomplishments, the small and large ways they’re innovating in their field and changing the world.
Below is just a small selection of our member companies and institution. For more member news, check out our recent blog, How Our Members Are Fighting COVID19.
Academic Members—Universities, Colleges and Tech Transfer Offices
- Warwick Ventures is helping researchers commercialize their new rapid test for coronavirus.
- Purdue University is developing technology that allows concrete bridges and highways to reveal when they need repairs and have the capability to fix the damage.
- Technical University of Denmark identified a way to create more environmentally friendly suspension bridges.
- Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation funded nine research groups working on COVID19 innovations--improved respirators, accelerated testing and more.
- Babson College is collaborating with eMerge Americas to create a thriving culture of entrepreneurship in Miami.
Corporate Members—Large Organizations, Small Businesses, Mid-Size Companies in Varied Industries
- Thermo Fisher received Breakthrough Device Designation from the FDA for their assay that identifies IDH1and IDH2 mutations in low-grade glioma patients.
- Cargill has committed about $4 million to expanding its chocolate production in Belgium.
- Seattle Children's organized a child-centered march to fight police brutality and racism.
- Procter & Gamble is partnering with iHeartRadio to host a virtual Pride event and will donate the proceeds to COVID19 relief.
- Owens Corning was ranked #1 in the annual list of the 100 Best Corporate Citizens, followed by Citi, General Mills and Cisco.
One thing that all of these amazing companies and institutions have in common? They’re members with BCC. They use our market research to stay ahead of their competitors, engage in innovative research and more. Inspired? Check us out.