“More than 70 percent of the senior executives...say that innovation will be at least one of the top three drivers of growth for their companies in the next three to five years.” (McKinsey & Company)
As a business leader or a manager, there’s a lot on your plate. A big part of your job is to look to the future and ensure your company is on top of the innovative trends in your industry. Because of this, market research is an invaluable tool. And here at BCC, we want to make sure you have all the resources necessary to make this part of your job easier.
That’s why we’ve come back with another resource roundup – from articles to blogs and more, here are a list of resources that will help you lead your team in innovation efforts.
How an established company can stay on the cutting-edge of their industry:
Start-ups are all about utilizing cutting-edge technologies to set themselves apart. But this method shouldn’t be reserved for the new up-and-coming businesses.
Well-established brands can easily utilize the same strategies to ensure top market visibility.
- Sometimes, the best advice comes from those in a similar position to yourself. These six tips are from business leaders on how to stay on the cutting edge. (American Express)
- Digital tools can be extremely helpful in ensuring businesses stay on the cutting edge of business. This article goes over what that looks like. (The Record)
- Want to leverage cutting-edge technology to propel growth? This article is for you. (The Silicon Review)
- Sometimes it helps to see what other big businesses are doing. This article looks at three big companies and what they are up to. (Kiplinger)
On leadership and innovation:
Innovation is a well-studied topic, but it differs slightly for those of you in a position of leadership, especially when that leadership overlooks a large number of employees.
Learning how to embrace innovation and the risks associated with it can be extremely beneficial to you and your company.
- In order to know how to best prioritize innovation in your company, it’s important to know what an innovative leader looks like. This article breaks it down well. (Innovative Management)
- “McKinsey research reveals a wide gap between the aspirations of executives to innovate and their ability to execute.” This quote is taken from their article on leadership and innovation and is a must-read for leaders. (McKinsey & Company)
- A key to becoming an innovative leader is the development of certain skills. These six skills for example, will help you make you take great strides in the direction you want to go. (Forbes)
- When it comes to innovation within an organization, strategic leadership is key. This article goes into details of that very concept. (Phil McKinney)
- Innovation starts with the leader, but it doesn’t end there. Here are five tips for enabling innovation within your team. (Forbes)
Why market research is so beneficial:
Making any decision as a business leader has ripple effects. That’s why making sure you have all the information you need on market trends and where your industry is headed in the future is so important.
- It’s always a good idea to make sure that you aren’t doing something because it’s ‘always been done.’ Here are five reasons why market research helps your business achieve innovative success. (Question Pro)
- Market research propels innovation when it’s utilized in a powerful way. One such way is when it’s available for every department. This article highlights these exact benefits. (BCC Publishing)
- There are different types of market research, and custom market research can be extremely useful for innovating in your company. (BCC Publishing)
- The role that research plays in innovation is crucial, although that isn’t always a well-known fact. This article explains the vital role it plays. (Forbes India)
Key insights from our social media posts:
If you follow us on Twitter, these will look a bit familiar to you! Don’t follow us on Twitter? What are you waiting for? Follow here!
One-Stop Market Research Shop Open for Business Leaders (link here)
EVERY report purchased from BCC comes with 3 bonuses: 1. Access to over 3k FREE reports from our premier publishers. 2. User login for up to 50% off on over 20k reports from select publishers. 3. Access to BCC analysts and Research Concierge.https://www.bccresearch.com/ #getexcited
How can you improve your understanding of your customers, stay ahead of your competitors, and generate revenue amid market changes? By employing #marketresearch, according to this great article from @BizzBeeSolution #MondayMotivation
How else can we help you as a business leader thrive? Schedule a free trial of our library of market research!