BCC has the best members. Not only are they making smart decisions to keep their schools and businesses thriving during COVID19, they’re also donating their time, expertise and money to fight the virus and create a safer world.
Here are just a few examples of what our member institutions—schools, tech transfer offices, small companies, large organizations—are doing to disseminate knowledge, manufacture protective gear, improve access to healthcare and more.
- These Dartmouth College students founded a volunteer organization that provides masks, cleaning equipment, personal hygiene products and more to essential workers like post office employees and grocery store stockers.
- The Johns Hopkins corona tracker is proving to be the #1 resource for updated info on COVID19 cases around the world.
- This spinoff company from University of Alberta is developing a blood test that can predict the severity of COVID19 in patients who test positive for the virus.
- University of Maryland, MIT, Stanford University and Harvard University are collaborating to ensure equitable access to life-saving innovations during COVID19.
- Some of the most service-minded students come out of University of Michigan.
- Nine grants were awarded to Rice University faculty working on research to mitigate the effects of coronavirus.
- More inspiring and much-needed COVID19 efforts from Case Western Reserve University, University of Chicago, and Carnegie Mellon University.
- 3M blocked unlawful and unethical behavior of companies attempting to sell N95 masks at inflated prices.
- Hitachi is donating $1M to Kiva to support small businesses, entrepreneurs, farmers and families during COVID19.
- Bio-Rad Life Sciences received FDA Emergency Use Authorization for their Droplet Digital PCR SARS-CoV-2 Test, which offers early stage detection of COVID19.
- Cepheid was the first company in the U.S. to receive FDA approval for a rapid coronavirus detection test.
- Thermo Fisher, 3M and Ford are collaborating to make new powered air purifying respirators, protective equipment and test collection kits for COVID19.
- Abbott's new antibody test reveal whether people are not only infected with COVID19, but also whether they've been infected in the past, even if they're no longer sick.
- L'Oreal USA is one of the big-name sponsors of NBC's new streaming service, Peacock.