A recent report on collaboration technology found that 40% of organizations do not have a defined unified communication and collaboration (UC&C) strategy. Another key finding: organizations are increasingly investing in a range of collaborative technologies designed to not only increase internal communication, but also commercial performance.
- Enterprises rely on collaboration to drive sales and new revenue
- Few enterprises view return on investment as the main way they measure the success of their use of collaboration technology
- Not enough focus on what happens after the technology is deployed
- Collaboration improves the ability of companies to interact with customers
- Collaboration accelerates decision-making, but many organizations need to leverage it to improve their competitive position
- Cloud-based collaboration is a strategic goal for many enterprises, but it will take some time to achieve
- Line of business has a prominent role in deciding which collaboration technology to use