Every year the Federal Forum brings together leaders from government and the tech industry to discuss the latest trends in security, mobility, IoT, big data, and machine learning. The government IT modernization conference, which was held on June 14 in Washington, D.C., presented 30 subject matter experts who discussed how to modernize the federal network infrastructure and help government agencies meet their missions.
- Define management and administration of incoming and outgoing traffic.
- Sets rules for traffic forwarding, event notification and statistical reporting.
- Allow access and the manipulation of the forwarding plane.
- Define patterns of application development and usage.
- Work as an agent between communication protocols and infrastructure at southbound interfaces and applications using northbound application program interfaces (APIs).
- Possess flexibility to accommodate a variety of diversified applications.
- Provide consistent APIs to the client.